Tamara L. Jones, DDS, MSD
Dr. Jones grew up in Carrollton and was treated at Willow Bend Orthodontics as a teenager. She fell in love with orthodontics at age 12 and still loves going to work every day! It is Dr. Jones' goal to give her patients smiles that they can be proud of by providing excellent orthodontic treatment results and outstanding service to each and every patient.
Dr. Jones attended SMU on an academic scholarship and graduated early with honors. After getting the highest score in the country on the dental admission test, she attended Baylor College of Dentistry- Texas A&M Health Science Center. After dental school, she chose to specialize in orthodontics and matched at one of the top programs in the country, the University of Texas at Houston. She completed 27 months of additional training to earn her Certificate in Orthodontics and a Masters degree.
- Dr. Kramer Award of Excellence- recognizes the top 3rd year student that has demonstrated scholarship, character, and potential promise for the advancement of dentistry and service to humanity.
- Honor graduate- Baylor College of Dentistry
- American Association of Orthodontists- Top Senior Student Award- Baylor College of Dentistry
- American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology- Top Dental Student Award
- Joseph E. Johnson Award for Table Clinics- Research presented at AAO National Meeting
- Thomas F. Burks Scholarship for Academic Merit-UT Health Science Center
- Excellence in Student Research-Hinman Student Research Award
- Phi Beta Kappa- Southern Methodist University
- Hunt Academic and Leadership Scholarship- Southern Methodist University
- Textbook author in the new edition of Mosby's Orthodontic Review
- Lecturer- Baylor College of Dentistry Orthodontic Residency Program
When she is not at the office, Dr. Jones and her husband Jason, an army veteran, love spending time with their daughter, Madeline, and their 67-lb Airedale Terrier "Franklin." The Jones love to cycle, hang out as a family and cheer on SMU athletics. If she has any free time, you will find her in the pool training for her next charity triathlon.
Dr. Jones is a certified Invisalign provider with extensive Invisalign experience and training. Dr. Jones is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists, the American Dental Association, the Texas Dental Association, the North Texas Dental Society, the Dallas County Dental Society and the Christian Medical and Dental Association. Dr. Jones was recently selected to represent the five state Southwest Orthodontic region as a representative to the AAO Council of New and Younger Members.
Learn more about Dr. Jones on Google+!
Cindy K. Woodson, DDS
Dr. Woodson started Willow Bend Orthodontics in 1983. For over thirty years she cherished the privilege and opportunity to improve the lives of the patients who came to Willow Bend Orthodontics. Her greatest goal was to help each patient achieve a healthier and happier life by providing exceptional care that went beyond their smiles. Dr. Woodson never took lightly the responsibility and trust her patients placed in her hands, and she strove to exceed patient's expectations and gave them the most beneficial and rewarding orthodontic experience possible.
Education and Continuing Education
Dr. Woodson grew up in Odessa, Texas and graduated from Permian Senior High School in 1974. She then attended Texas Tech University and received a Bachelor of Science degree in Zoology in 1978. For her dental training, she was one of 16 women in a class of 140 at Baylor University Dental School in Dallas. She then enrolled into Emory Dental School in Atlanta, GA to complete her Orthodontic specialty training.